Morning Horse Riding - Castle Valley Moab
Beginning at the Red Cliffs corral, you'll meet your gentle cowboy-trained quarter horse and your professional wrangler who will take some time to make sure each person feels comfortable with their horse and horseback riding technique. After some lessons in the corral, the trail ride begins. You'll head up Castle Creek Canyon where the soft sounds of the clearwater creek add to the ambiance of towering 2,000-foot cliffs. Cross the shallow creek several times as the views just keep getting better. This beautiful trail is made exclusive to those who choose this trip, so you'll gain a special sense of seclusion that only adds to the astounding sights. After your Moab horseback ride, you'll return to the corral, and bid farewell to your steed and we recommend you take some time to explore and relax around the ranch and head back to downtown Moab, Utah.
Times will vary depending on the time of year. Please call us for exact departure times. Horseback riding trips meet in the lobby of Red Cliffs Lodge located at mile 14 on Highway 128, approximately.
- Maximum weight: 220 lbs. or 99 kg
- Young riders must be at least 10 years old and 4'2" (52 inches) or 133 cm tall
- Protective helmets are available for riders and are required for minors through 16 years of age
- Wear long pants, and bring a large bottle of water & sunscreen.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, no sandals, please.
- Approximately a 2.5-hour ride, 30 min. orientation
- Note: Return times vary as much as an hour depending on the number of riders, weather, and timely starts