Horseback Trail Ride 1.5 Hr
Your gentle, cowboy-trained, quarter horse and professional wrangler await you in the afternoon at the corral, where the wrangler will take some time to make sure each person feels comfortable with their horse and horseback riding technique. After some lessons in the corral, the horseback riding begins. You'll head up Castle Creek Canyon where the soft sounds of the clear water creek add to the ambiance of towering 2,000 foot cliffs. Cross the shallow creek several times as the views just keep getting better. This beautiful trail is made exclusive to those who choose this trip, so you'll gain a special sense of seclusion that only adds to the astounding sights. After your horseback ride, you'll return to the corral, bid farewell to your steed and take some time to explore and relax around the ranch and head back to downtown Moab, Utah. The afternoon ride is one hour shorter than the Morning Ride, so you can expect less time exploring down this scenic trail.
- Maximum weight: 220 lbs. or 99 kg
- Young riders must be at least 10 years old and 4'2" (52 inches) or 133 cm tall
- Protective helmets are available for riders and are required for minors through 16 years of age
- Wear long pants
- Wear closed toe shoes, no sandals please.
- Bring a bottle of water & sunscreen.
- Approximately 1 hour ride, 30 min. orientation
- Note: Return times vary as much as an hour depending on number of riders, weather, and timely starts